STEP ONE: In a small pot bring water to a boil. Add 1 egg, a 1/2 cup of string beans, and 2 small potatoes to the boiling water. Remove string beans and egg from the boiling water after 15 minutes and place in a bowl of cold water and set aside. Wash a handful of cherry heirloom tomatoes and slice them in half.
STEP TWO: In a small mixing bowl combine 1 can of tuna or salmon, add 1/4 cup of olive oil mayo, 1 -2 sprigs of fresh dill. Salt and pepper to taste. Mix together.
STEP THREE: In a small mixing bowl combine 1/2 cup of olive oil, 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar, 1-2 sprigs of fresh dill, and 1 tablespoon of dill mustard. Mix together.
STEP FOUR: Place a 1/2 cup of greens on a plate, add tuna mixture, tomatoes, green beans, sliced egg, and sliced potatoes.
STEP FIVE: Finish off salad nicoise with dill balsamic vinaigrette.
Eat. Enjoy. Be happy!
Share the Love
Nicoise Salad Recipe
Dill Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can of tuna or salmon
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- 5 small new red potatoes
- 1/2 a bag of mixed greens (washed and cleaned)
- 1/2 cup of mini cherry heirloom tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of green beans (french style green beans work best)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste