The velvet manicure is a new trend that’s becoming all the rage for fall 2012. It’s a lovely and inexpensive way to step up your nail game. All you’ll need is your favorite nail color and bit of “flocking powder” from your local craft store. I picked my flocking powder up from JOANN fabric. Your nails will look like they were covered in the most luxurious velvet. Ooh lala!
Start by selecting your favorite nail color. I’m using a bright pink by Essie called lights! Then select a “flocking powder” that matches your selected nail color.
1. Apply a base coat and let your nails dry for 2 min.
2. Apply the first coat of nail polish to your fingernails.
3. Apply a second coat of nail polish to your fingernails (do one finger at a time) and work quickly.
4. Directly after applying your second coat of color, immediately pour the flocking powder onto your nail. Be sure to cover your entire nail.
5. Take your index finger and lightly press the flocking power onto your nail. This secures that the flocking powder will adhere to the nail polish.
6. Finish painting and flocking the rest of your nails individually.
7. It will take 10 to 15 minutes for the flocking powder to set to your nails.
8. Use a clean and dry make-up brush to remove any excess flocking powder from your nails.
Volia! Now hit the town and show off your velvety smooth nails!!!
Share the Love